Home     Product Search     Site Map     Checkout     Track Your Order
FAQs

How will I know what ring size to order?
Please see the ring size header page for a comparison between US and UK sizes. There is a PDF ringsizer on the bottom of the "How to Order" page. Alternatively call us and a ringsizer can be posted to you. Our phone number is 0121 243 5332.

Can I order a smaller or larger size ring than the regular sizes listed?
Yes for most ring sizes. Please call with what you need. Delivery will usually take between 10-21 days?

Can I return any product if I am not happy with it?
We are happy to replace an item with another selection or refund the purhase price on return of any item within 30 days. If an item is faulty please contact for a replacement.

How long will it take before I receive the jewellery I have ordered?
The majority of jewellery items we sell are in stock and ship within 1-2 days. Popular ring sizes are usually in stock. However, some sizes may be out of stock. In which case you will be notified and delivery will usually take between 10-21 days.

What is the quality of the jewellery you supply?
All LDS Jewellery is made to a high standard and guaranteed to be free from manufacturer’s defects for the lifetime of the item. However, LDS Jewellery is not responsible for damage to products due to normal wear and tear.  

How do I take care of the jewellery?

Clean all items of jewellery regularly with special purpose jewellery cleaner. Silver jewellery may leave a black mark for a few days, which is normal (see information on silver below).

STERLING SILVER
Sterling silver is 92.5% pure silver. The other 7.5% is other alloys, usually copper.

What is tarnish in sterling silver?

Over a period of time silver jewelry starts to show changes in color and turns from a yellowish tint to deep yellow and even black. This is called the tarnishing of silver and is a natural process. The notion that silver tarnish only occurs with silver jewelry made from low purity silver is not correct.

What causes silver to tarnish?
Sulfur containing materials generally cause silver to tarnish and Hydrogen Sulfide is just one of these. Materials like wool, rubber bands, fuels derived from fossils, a few types of paints and rubber (latex) gloves are some of the common materials that cause tarnishing of silver. Certain foods like eggs and onions also hasten the silver tarnish process. You can therefore realize that touching silver jewellery with oily hands or after a meal could also stain your silver jewellery with tarnish. The extent and speed with which your silver jewellery tarnishes is also related to the climate and in general high humidity would result in silver tarnishing much faster. Never wear your jewellery while swimming. Chlorine is a major cause of tarnish.

What causes “green finger”?
Silver will sometimes cause skin staining, usually black or green. In most cases this causes no physical harm and is an aesthetic rather than a health problem. Silver will naturally turn black when it oxidizes. The amino acids in your skin can accelerate this. When it is hot, two factors occur. The metal is more reactive to oxidation when it is warmer and perspiration can cause a chemically reactive climate. If the jewellery turns color you can polish it, if the skin turns color you have to decide how much this bothers you. In cooler weather the problem might go away but it could be that your chemistry is not compatible with the material. When silver or the skin it contacts turns green it is a reaction with the copper in the alloy. Some customers have had good luck polishing the inside of their rings daily for the first week or so. Sterling silver is 92.5 % pure silver. The other 7.5% is other alloys, usually copper. As the copper reacts and is polished away there is a gradual depletion of the copper near the surface available to react with the chemistry of the skin. As that copper is depleted the problem lessens. If you have an actual rash, blistering, irritation or infection by all means take the jewellery off until it clears up. Other factors besides the metal may be causing the problem. Most frequently soap trapped behind the ring irritates the skin or persistent dampness behind the ring causes a rash. Be sure to rinse well and dry under the ring, especially if the ring is a wide one. There are ways to eliminate staining. One is to choose stainless steel jewellery. Another is to coat the jewellery with clear nail polish where it touches your skin.

What is antiquing
Antiquing is the process of darkening the recessed areas of gold or silver jewellery to enhance the visibility of engraving. Antiquing is a chemical process used to create an oxidized look.

STAINLESS STEEL
In terms of allergic safety and high durability this material is superior to most precious metals. 

MIXED METAL
Various combinations of brass, copper, tin, bronze. There is no lead and is generally nickel free.